Nelson Watersports has a selection of windsurfing equipment that is available to hire. This allows you to practise on the same gear that you learn on, before progressing onto bigger sails, then smaller boards.
High performance sails by various manufacturers including Tushingham, Neil Pryde, and Gaastra ranging from 3.5m² to 7.8m²
Boards ranging from the large, stable 225L Bic Beach beginners boards, down to the tiny 70L Starboard Evo high-wind waveboard.
We are always keen to turn over our equipment, giving people the opportunity to buy their own gear at competitive prices. Check out our ‘for sale‘ page for more details.
Beginner equipment: $30 p/hr; or buy a hire card and get 10 hours for only $240!
Intermediate/Advanced equipment: $50 p/hr for the first hour and $30/hr for any consecutive hours.
If you are looking for longer term hire, or want to take the equipment away for a while then please get in touch and we’ll see what we can do.
All equipment hire is subject to the following conditions:
- To hire any of our equipment you must be suitably qualified or experienced for the equipment you want to hire. An ideal way of proving your ability is a recognised certificate of achievement such as the RYA Start Windsurfing, or by completing a Nelson Watersports Learn to Windsurf Course.
- If you have plenty of windsurfing experience but no certificates, then give us a ring or have a chat with us. We’ll spend some time with you to ascertain your current skill level. Please do not be offended if we feel that you do not have the necessary experience for the equipment or the conditions. We will always do our best to get you on the water and will let you know about tuition options available.
- Nelson Watersports Limited reserves the right to cancel any hire, and withdraw the kit without refund should we feel that we have been misled with regards to your experience.
- Nelson Watersports Limited’s decision whether to offer hire in the prevailing conditions is final.
- Bookings are essential – call 02102503767
- A booking form must be completed and payment taken before equipment is issued.
- 10 hour hire cards are valid for 12 months; sessions must be booked in advance.
- Nelson Watersports Limited reserves the right to change the days and times that equipment hire is available at any time.