Scheduled Course Prices:
Windsurf Taster: 90 minute introductory session for $60 p/p
Learn to Windsurf Course: 8hrs of group tuition for $249 p/p (min 4 pax)
Learn to Windsurf Package: The above course and 6hrs of hire for $329 p/p
Intermediate Clinic: A 2hr group session for $80 p/p ($50 with your own gear)
Kids Group Tuition: A 2hr supervised hire session from 4-6pm on either Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday evenings.
- On my gear: $30 per session or $180 for the 8 week term.
- On your own gear: $20 per session or $120 for the 8 week term.
- Half and half: $25 per session or $150 for the 8 week term
- Minimum level of Level 1 windsurfing ability required
N.b. Prices quoted are based on scheduled courses, with a minimum of 2 people booked on the lesson. If you are the only person booked, we will endeavour to re-schedule the booking or run the equivalent amount of private tuition. Prices and rates are subject to change at any time.
Summer Holiday Programme: Run in conjunction with Nelson Yacht Club’s Junior Watersports Programme. These week-long courses in the summer school holidays are extremely popular and should be booked well in advance. The cost is $340 (or $290 for club members).
$80 p/hr ($40 to add a second person)
Beginner equipment: $30 p/hr; or buy a hire card and get 10 hours for only $240!
Intermediate/Advanced equipment: $50 for first hour, $30/hr for any consecutive hours
If you are an advanced windsurfer looking to sail at a few of the nearby wave spots we can also organise packages of gear that can be taken away (with a suitable deposit/assurance). We have a selection of Starboard Evo wave boards 70l, 80l, 92l and can supply a rig and a couple of different sail sizes.
SUP Hire/Rental Prices:
- Freedom Rental is $20 per hour.
- One hour of tuition including a guided tour to Haulashore Island and Fifeshire Rock (conditions dependant) is $40 per person, (a minimum of 2 people, maximum of 6).
- A two-hour tour across the Haven to the Boulder Bank and including climbing the Lighthouse is $60 per person, (a minimum of 2 people, maximum of 6) and must be arranged in advance.
All equipment hire is subject to the following conditions:
- To hire any of our equipment you must be suitably qualified or experienced for the equipment you want to hire. An ideal way of proving your ability is a recognised certificate of achievement such as the RYA Start Windsurfing, or by completing a Nelson Watersports Learn to Windsurf Course.
- If you have plenty of windsurfing experience but no certificates, then give us a ring or have a chat with us. We’ll spend some time with you to ascertain your current skill level. Please do not be offended if we feel that you do not have the necessary experience for the equipment or the conditions. We will always do our best to get you on the water and will let you know about tuition options available.
- Nelson Watersports reserves the right to cancel any hire, and withdraw the kit without refund should we feel that we have been misled with regards to your experience.
- Nelson Watersports’ decision whether to offer hire in the prevailing conditions is final.
- Bookings are essential – call 02102503767
- A booking form must be completed and payment taken before equipment is issued.
- 10 hour hire cards are valid for 12 months; sessions must be booked in advance.
- Nelson Watersports reserves the right to change the days and times that equipment hire is available at any time.